DayTraders After Market Lounge Monday 12th April, page-49

1. 32,602 Posts.
    Haha. Yeh, yanks have a different approach to OH&S. They see it as limiting freedom (to kill yourself)

Eg: I was gonna climb to top of Angel's Landing in Zion NP. Firstly, having a track up there in the first place is like putting a track to top of the Three Sisters in Blue Mts (wouldn't happen here). At the top parts there are sections with chains and sometimes only one place you can put your foot on a narrow, slippery edge with 1000 ft drop off each side.

But do-able, except . . . put a group of random thrill seekers at each end of the section (maybe 20 peeps), and have them just try and push past each other to go up and down!? Guess maybe half have no commonsense whatsoever!

So I survived the first steep bit cos I just put my hand up and told the oncoming group to go the fk back, but I wasn't gonna test my luck on next bit, having poor head for heights. So I bailed and never got to very top. I was convinced that someone would get killed. However, the stats are that only 7 peeps have fallen to deaths in past ten years. That's OK.

Here's a pic looking over edge in non-chain spot.

DSCN3473.JPG

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.