daytraders aftermarket lounge – 1 december, page-175

1. 5,253 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 40
    busy in here tonight

i'll give that pear cider a try if i bump into it around the traps rangi

gotta agree with earlier CFD post Aksier, i struggled with index moves and leveraged trades with all the choppiness and news driven swings, especially the overnighters - the leverage reduces the margin of error

i don't only use CFDs for leverage, the majority of trades are small caps at 100% - i'll use them for cheap brokerage at times and to assist larger trades in other accounts (small trades at no minimum brokerage to get a feel for buying/selling pressure)

i generally get by with a few basics, a lot of it is just common sense, pyschology, positioning, exiting and a few basic charting skills, i usually just look at price and volume - pattern recognition, how's the market likely to react to news?

sometimes you know the announcement is crap but the headline is gonna move it, other times somebody might mention a stock on the thread - if the set up is good all you gotta do is bang a large bid in and off it goes, a good depth set up and fast execution is all you need sometimes on a decent announcement (when i say depth setup i mean what it's gonna look like when it reopens)

check recent announcements
    check capital structure
    check chart

if i think there's a chance i'll have a pop, don't hang about for somebody else to make the first move, often just costs brokerage to get out

my hit rate was over 70% first year, now it's closer to 50% with better results, strategy means taking a lot of losses each week, return on turnover is 1 or 2% after brokerage

loads of ideas and ways to get there on the threads, thought i'd shed a bit more light on mine in the hope others will

still discretionary with discipline but no rules, more focus on turnover, position sizing, capital management - can help overcome some poor stock picking

lots of quality lurkers who pop in now and then to toss a few scraps, i dare say they take a lot from the thread so would be good if they give a bit back

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.