Daytraders Weekend After Market Lounge 29th Jan - 1st Feb, page-87

1. 12,262 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 379
    I have a funny story for you now to make you feel better---

Monday morning- after dropping off 19 yo daughter to her course at 9 am was all focused- then the phone rings at 9.55am 'mum computers are down'
    I'm like it is market open- no one gets this unless they do it-

So rushed back out to get her- needless to say - I made some bad choices as I was too hasty to let myself settle when I got back- I was annoyed that I missed the open-

Distractions are expensive and you got yourself a cheap lesson just watching that day- from memory it was the day that KGD did it's run- I was alerted to that the day before and was looking at it the previous arvo thinking this thing could take off or it could choke and stay illiquid- It was in fact all over the place.......

I had to go out the next morning- It was starting to show the hallmarks of a fomo run- but looked scary to me- so I may not have taken that risk even if I was sitting and watching the whole show----

When I got back from my appointment I was delighted to see that @Dark Doofus had traded twice and then kept his win- I was having a spectator cheer for him--- and was of course gobsmacked at how high it flew- not to mention where it landed- have to be very NIMBLE for those trades-----

Even if we are not on every great big easy trade- does not mean we missed out- that one was risky for me---

I was on MCT ( I think ) previously and had a great day on that one earlier---

The other one I 'spectated' was HCT I think- I was watching @SelmaBouvier on that one - she had the guts to hold it overnight - and did well- I was happy- Although I was a bit worried

Old saying 'No Guts No Glory'

Another old saying- 'Stay away and come back and fight another day'

There is always a new opportunity- Maybe -
    See what happens if we really have to trade through a bear market-

For me - it makes sense to day trade in this environment -

But I have to admit to jumping in to SHJ fri arvo- I would love to hear thoughts from the forum on that move-
    to me it seemed to have all the selling going on during the arvo- felt like it was relentless - a bit similar to the final selling day of SGH before the monday bounce-

And the real hidden meaning for me to make money out of lawyers misery in the stock market ----
    Is in reality to pay my lawyers bills ironic- huh

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.