I wonder @higo whether we are trying to re-invent something that...

1. 9,246 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 811
    I wonder @higo whether we are trying to re-invent something that might already have been well discovered. Just the same wouldn't mind being involved in a whirlpool, as long as it went in the direction I wanted.

Just a general comment on charts and charting --- there are so many who think or hope a share will follow their preconceived ideas about a pattern or a FIB level or a support or resistance level and get a surprise when the ideal outcome doesn't happen. Charting is about increasing the chances of success by observing what has transpired and intelligently applying this observation to the present situation.
    We use, but are not limited to, various leading indicators and lagging averages and volume spread analysis and candle pattern analysis because all these things reflect the market sentiment at a particular time. We get ready for something to happen at a FIB or Bollinger level or an Elliott wave end but if it doesn't no matter. The market sentiment reflects the sum knowledge and response of all the participants in the market at that exact moment - that should never be ignored because the market sentiment generates the chart.

A chartist, and I've had many arguments about this, follows the crowd and takes advantage of them - he/she doesn't try to lead them, but we must appreciate that the crowd consists of big players who can and will lead us astray and also many smaller participants who are experts at reading financial reports and drilling results and even world markets - they are all our friends because they form the crowd we follow because they generate the chart we use.

This looks like a very old whirlpool - although I like yours as well.

Wyckoff Schematic.png

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.