Hi @senderos - CUE Short term it's starting to look a little...

1. 9,261 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 826
    Hi @senderos - CUE

Short term it's starting to look a little overbought - the upper shadows on the last two candles show a lack of demand at these prices (85-88). Indicators such as the stochastic and RVI are also approaching overbought, although they can and do at times stay relatively high and yet the sp can increase. Short term I might expect a pullback here or soon and would trade accordingly. Interesting though is the C&H pattern which, depending on how you look at it, is still in play and hasn't achieved it's ideal target of around 105, so very worthwhile keeping this one on the list. I'm ignoring that large black candle of 2/9 - very low vol. so some sort of anomaly there.

CUE - Cup and Handle

cue hc.png
    Another tool I sometimes use is an ATR based profit taker - CUE follows this system fairly closely but it's worthwhile keeping in mind that the sp can "hang up" there at times and just because it's touched or penetrated the ATR line does not necessarily mean it's going to move downward - as can be seen it has every chance of moving up again for further penetration or sideways or just "hanging around" for a few more bars.

CUE - Profit taker

cue1 hc.png

The other thing I like about CUE is a longer term and somewhat "sloppier" C&H pattern - if it's valid (it's a bit untidy) it also gives a target of around 105 to 110 - similar to the shorter one above.

CUE - C&H longer

cue2 hc.png

Hope this helps.
    Last edited by Cabbie: 16/10/16

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.