Daytraders Weekend Aftermarket Lounge 15-18th July, page-103

1. 32,561 Posts.
    OK. I'm not gonna have an argument cos there is none to be had. However this subject does cut across a few of my hobby horses. So, as I'm stuck inside atm I gotta say a few things.

Wilful ignorance is a crime against humanity. Espc for peeps who have had the opportunity for an education and don't live in some antediluvian swamp. So much trouble in the world is caused by peeps who can be controlled cos of their ignorance. We are so lucky to live in a time when amazing scientific discoveries have given us a deep understanding of how life evolved, the Universe and the Theory of Everything. The truth is out there and not hard to find. Knowledge is power.

There are many good examples from some of my heroes. Isaac Newton, Galileo, Charles Darwin, Alfred Wallace, Einstein, Keith Richard. They were lucky to have been born with great minds and the opportunity to use them. Even tho they were born in times when ignorance was the general rule. They looked at the world and said: "hang on, I can see what's goin on here, even tho nobody else can".

Newton lived in times when his normal role would have been to be a wizard. Even to the end of his days he pursued the goal of turning base metals into gold. But along the way he figured out most of the laws of physics and even how to predict the paths of comets. Similarly Darwin and Wallace, tho constricted by the religous beliefs of the time, were able to see that animals and humans had evolved.

When they published their findings it was a 'lay down misere' and the church pretty much gave up teaching science from that day on. It is galling to me that hundreds of years later, we still have 'educated' peeps who are clueless that all these discoveries have been made, problem solved, yet they go on as if there are still huge gaps in our knowledge. Pointing to a couple of mistakes or frauds that were made a hundred years ago is not the basis to disbelieve so much great scientific achievement. Don't get bogged down wondering if evolution is real or if carbon dioxide actually exists? Set your mind free.

But, the main thing is. The human journey from a one celled bit of chemical that could reproduce itself, towards a creature that can actually build a telescope that will look at the beginning of the universe is absolutely fabulous. You are doing yourself an enormous dis-service if you don't keep up with at least the basics. There is so much fantastic stuff going on out there in the world. Don't miss out!

NB: It will make you a better trader as well.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.