Daytraders Weekend Aftermarket Lounge 18-21Nov, page-81

1. 14,245 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 110
    "I'm betting you are the investment person in your household?"

Hahahaha - just like any married couple. Husband earns the money and the wife spends it

Seriously though, Yeah I guess so, although any investment decisions are well discussed before they are actually made (excluding share trading of course - he just rolls his eyes)

We're a team really.

Husband is busy running the business, while I'm busy trying to find ways to grow/invest what he has earned.

I'm lucky really, I started planning my financial future from a very young age. My parents were very poor (lived in Homeswest/State housing), and scratched to get by from week to week. I grew up listening to arguments over money most weekends. Ironically, they were my inspiration. No way was I going to end up like them.

I bought my first house at 21 (much to my parents disapproval), and I've never looked back.

From there, it grew.

If I could give advice to any youngun's out there, it would be to start early. Make some sacrifices in your younger years so you can sit back and enjoy life later on. Fun doesn't have to be expensive.

I hear about the levels of credit card debt and mortgage stress these days, and I really wonder where people will end up 30/40 years from now. Scary. There will be very wealthy, and very poor - just like America imo.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.