daytrades april 11 morning ...

1. 25,108 Posts.
    Good Morning traders,

Firstly a very big personal thank you has to go out to Barnsty (and any others) that have filled my boots during the past 3-4 weeks in the opening up of the 'Morning threads' whilst I was moving house. I'm sure your contributions to the D/T threads were very much appreciated by other Traders & I hope the threads all managed to flow smoothly for you whist I was gone. I almost haven't been looking at any stocks for the past 3-4 weeks so it's like starting over for me this week. Happy to read that Winnie2 & MrKR seemed to miss me most when I was gone tho., and as Jeff Fenech would say: "I love youse all." - LOL.

US Market Report:

U.S. stocks fell on Friday as oil and gold prices spiked and investors awaited news about the pending government shutdown.

Both the S&P and the Nasdaq ended the week down slightly more than 0.3%, snapping a two-week winning streak, while the Dow managed to squeak out a gain.

Commodities and materials stocks were among the strongest performers, with shares of Occidental Petroleum and Murphy Oil up more than 5% each as oil rallied.

Oil prices surged over $113 a barrel Friday, a day after Japan was hit with another earthquake, rising more than 4% this week. [Source: cnnmoney.com]

Market Reflections - Friday, 8th April, 2011

Perhaps only temporary, but rising commodity prices and dollar depreciation both spell inflation. Oil jumped again this time to $113, pressured by stalemate in Libya. Gold, at $1,475, is enjoying a run of records. The dollar fell one percent against the euro which is getting a boost from rising interest rates in Europe. But US rates have also been moving higher, up three basis points for the 30-year yield to 4.64 percent. The Dow slipped slightly to 12,380. [Source: bloomberg.com]

Market Focus in the US this evening

Inflation is the week's wildcard. [Source: bloomberg.com]

The DJIA Index finished the last trading session: Down 29.44 points; and
    The SPI Futures are currently: Down 11 points atm.

Of note in the US this evening:

2. Please note there is no noteworthy 'Economic news' due to be reported in the US this evening;

...AND...

Of note in Australia today:

3. Please note there is no noteworthy 'Economic news' due to be released in Australia today either.

[Sources used: bloomberg.com; dailyfx.com; fxstreet.com; nasdaq.com]

Gold is currently trading Up $0.70 & is sitting at US$1,475.70/oz atm [Source: Kitco]
    Oil is currently trading Up $0.39 & is sitting at US$113.18/bbl atm [Source: Bloomberg]
    The Dollar: The AUD is currently trading @ $1.0568c against the US Dollar [Source: Forex. Live]

Have a great day trading today all.

Cheers, Tweets

Please click here to go to the 'Pre-Market thread'
  4. This thread is closed.

You may not reply to this discussion at this time.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.