Good Morning Traders, (thanks for handover highlandlad),...

1. 25,108 Posts.
    Good Morning Traders, (thanks for handover highlandlad),

2. Firstly, on a personal note I would just like to say welcome back & happy house-warming to hll - and also that I think pj and Endless did a brilliant job of opening the 'Pre-Market' and 'Afternoon' threads whilst you were gone. Also, if we ever need you to cover for one of us in future guys I hope that you will be happy to oblige if you're around at the time. Anyways, great job once again and I know that everyone appreciated your efforts!

3. As an aside, I know I will be off-line for a few days any time from the 26th July on (as I change ISP's); unfortunately they can't give me the exact dates tho, so if I am MIA then you know what's happened and hopefully one of you can cover for me also. I wouldn't worry about linking for those few days, unless roaminoz (Mark) can/would like to do that in my absence on those days???

DOW overnight Snapshot

"Stocks ended little changed Wednesday as meeting minutes from the Federal Reserve raised concerns about the economy after Intel's earnings strength renewed optimism about corporate results. Stocks staged a modest rally early in the session on optimism about second-quarter corporate profits. But the advance faded after the central bank released minutes from its June policy meeting. The minutes showed that Fed officials have a more pessimistic view of the economy, stoking fears about a slowdown in the second half of the year." [Source: cnnmoney.com]

The DJIA Index finished the trading session: Up 3.70 pts; and
    The SPI Futures are currently: Down 16 pts atm.

Of Note in the US this evening:

4. Producer Price Index [Market moving indicator];

5. Industrial Production [Market moving indicator];

6. Jobless Claims [Merits extra attention] and

7. EIA Natural Gas Report [Merits extra attention]

... and ...

Of Note in Australia today:

8. Consumer Inflation Expectation (Jul) [Moderate volatility expected]
    [The Consumer Inflation Expectation released by the Melbourne Institute presents the consumer expectations of future inflation during the next 12 months. The higher expectations, the stronger the effect they will have on a probability of a rate hike by the RBA. Therefore, a high reading should be taken as positive, or bullish, for the AUD, while a low expectations are seen as negative or bearish.]

9. New Motor Vehicle Sales (MoM) (YoY) (Jun)
    [The New Motor Vehicle Sales released by the Australian Bureau of Statistics measures motor vehicle sales in Australia. It is considered as an indicator for consumer confidence. It is worth noting that motor vehicle sales are a small component of the overall Australian economy. Generally speaking, a high reading is seen as positive (or bullish) for the AUD, while a low reading is seen as negative (or bearish).]

[Sources used: nasdaq.com and fxstreet.com]

Gold is trading Up $1.20 atm and is currently sitting at $1,209.70/oz [Source: Kitco];
    Oil is currently trading Down $0.44 atm and is currently at $76.60/barrel [Source: Bloomberg]; and
    The Dollar: The AUD/USD is currently trading at 0.8814 cents [Source: Forex. Live].

Have a great day trading today all!

Cheers, Tweets (:

Please click here to go to the 'Pre-Market thread'
  10. This thread is closed.

You may not reply to this discussion at this time.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.