daytrades july 19 morning ...

1. 25,108 Posts.
    Thanks highlandlad and good morning all,

2. Note: Firstly, due to other more pressing commitments atm I unfortunately have to give up opening the 'Morning threads' on the DayTrading forum each day, which I'm sure won't be too much of a problem as there are many others that will fit right into my shoes such as Barnsty, Aksier, Endless, et al. Anyways, you can all fight between yourselves (lol) as to who wants to take over the 'Morning thread' reins, but from tomorrow on "someone" will have to step on up ... or alternatively you can all take turns at opening it up yourselves! I've enjoyed opening these threads over the past year or so tho, and wish everyone all the very best with their trades in the future.

US - Market Reflections - Monday 18th July, 2011

Questions over sovereign debt, both here and in Europe, are weighing increasingly on the stock market where the Dow lost more than 3/4 of a percent to 12,385. The budget battle is nearing a climax but with a resolution not yet evident, raising the still very unlikely prospect that the nation will default on its debt. In Europe, attention is turning to delays surrounding the timing and method of a bailout for Greece. Gold continues to be a central focus of safe-haven buying, rising to new record ground over $1,605.

Market Focus in the US this evening

A second month of improvement for both housing starts and housing permits could help ease pessimism over the housing and construction sectors.

The DJIA Index finished the trading session: Down 94.57 points; and
    The the SPI Futures are currently trading: Up 22 points.

On the 'Economic news' front, please note the following:-

Of note in the US this evening:

Housing Starts

Bank of Canada Announcement

Building Permits (MoM) (Jun)

Of note in Australia today:

RBA Meeting's Minutes

Of note elsewhere today/this evening:

Germany - ZEW Survey - Economic Sentiment (Jul)

Germany - ZEW Survey - Current Situation (Jul)

European Monetary Union - ZEW Survey - Economic Sentiment (Jul)

European Monetary Union - Construction Output s.a (MoM) (May)

Canada - Leading Indicators (MoM) (Jun)

- denotes: Market Moving Indicator
    - denotes: Merits Extra Attention

Gold is currently sitting trading Down $1.20 atm and is sitting at US$1,603.90/oz atm;
    Oil (Nymex Crude) is currently trading Up $0.10 atm and is sitting at US$96.03/bbl atm
    The Dollar: The AUD is currently trading @ $1.0632c against the US Dollar

Sources used above include: bloomberg.com; nasdaq.com; dailyfx.com; fxstreet.com; & kitco.com

Have a great day!

Please click here to go to the 'Pre-Market thread'
  3. This thread is closed.

You may not reply to this discussion at this time.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.