daytrades july 5 morning ...

1. 25,108 Posts.
    Good Morning Traders, (thanks for the handover highlandlad),

2. Firstly, I'm supposed to be on the Golf Course right now ... but as it turns out the weather is a little on the yuk side atm, plus I got a late start this morning so am going to grab a later game instead; which means I won't be around today to close the 'Morning thread' today or to provide my '2pm Courtesy Reminder' either ... but I'm sure you'll all manage, lol. I had asked Wilson to do the honours for me today (as I thought hll was going to be off ALL week), but he obviously hasn't read my email yet, lol.

3. Also, please note that I am changing my ISP's this week so will be off the air (probably) Thursday and Friday so any one of you can feel free to open up the 'Morning thread' in my absence - I'm sure you're all more than capable!

Dow Snapshot

"Stocks ended a volatile session lower Friday, with the major indexes ending at new 2010 lows in the aftermath of a weaker-than-expected June jobs report. Stocks slid through most of the day as investors digested the jobs report ahead of a long holiday weekend. All U.S. financial markets are closed Monday in observance of Independence Day.

Investors returning from a long holiday weekend better come back well rested, as the weeks ahead bring something of a battle. "The market is near a critical point where if it loses just a few more percentage points, it's really going to collapse," said Stephen Carl, head equity trader at Williams Capital Group."[Source: cnnmoney.com]

The DJIA Index finished the session: Down 46.05 pts; and
    The SPI Futures are currently: Down 30 pts atm.

Of Note in the US this evening:

4. There is no 'Economic news' due out in the US this evening as it is the Independence Day long weekend and all markets are closed.

... AND ...

5. Please note the following 'Economic news' which is due to be released in Australia today:-

6. TD Securities Inflation (MoM) (YoY) (Jun) [Moderate volatility expected]
    [TD Securities Inflation released by The University of Melbourne - Faculty of Economics and Commerce estimates inflation in the Australian economy. The higher inflation, the stronger the effect it will have on a probability of a rate hike by the RBA. Generally speaking, a high reading should be taken as positive, or bullish, for the AUD, while a low reading is seen as negative or bearish.]

7. ANZ Job Advertisements (Jun)
    [The ANZ job advertisements released by the Australia and New Zealand Banking Group Limited (ANZ) presents the number of job advertisements in the major metropolitan newspapers and on the internet sites. It is used for forecasting employment growth in Australia as it indicates future labor market conditions.A high reading is seen as bullish (or postive) for the AUD, whereas a low reading is seen as bearish (or negative).]

[Sources used: nasdaq.com and fxstreet.com]

Gold is trading Up $1.50 atm and is currently sitting at $1,212.80/oz [Source: Kitco];
    Oil is currently trading Up $0.17 atm and is currently at $71.82/barrel [Source: Bloomberg]; and
    The Dollar: The AUD/USD is currently trading at 0.8395 cents [Source: Forex. Live].

Have a great day trading today all!

Cheers, Tweets (:

Please click here to go to the 'Pre-Market thread'
  8. This thread is closed.

You may not reply to this discussion at this time.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.