daytrades may 3 afternoon, page-89

1. 46,202 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 3
    Quiet day for me on the day trading forum. Atmosphere changed from last week but it will get back to normal. The resources tax had an impact and hopefully that will dissipate over time,sooner rather than later I hope. When it comes to my money I am cautious and checked the premarket and decided I could get out of my carried over trading stocks without much pain at the opening auction. Dont normally trade the but the numbers were with me and I did not want to risk a major downturn. As it turned out resources were hit but not to the degree that was possibly expected. In fact resource stocks did tumble quickly after the open but then came back to some extent during the remainder of the day.

I bought Telstra shares on its lows to park some money with the prospect it would do better than bank interest until the markets settle. I had sold HEM first thing but rebought at a lower price in spite of the negativity due to the new tax. I intended selling CWK as a precaution but it went into a trading halt pre-market pending an ann by Wed. Am hoping this went in my favour and the announcement will be good. Well that sums up my day and frankly no damage to me and I hope that is similarly the case with others. I did note some dts did Ok on a small number of stocks. I wasnt game today. Some of the stocks I sold today I may trade tomorrow

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.