daytrades nov 19 afternoon

1. 32,537 Posts.

Afternoon all. Doesn't appear to be a push to replace HLL with me. Good. Its hard to be on the ball every day to do this. HLL, Tweets, PJ. All the top posters really keep this thread chugging along. I'm happy to do my little bit to help but really makes me appreciate their efforts all the more.

Market going into Fri arvo sleep. I made half hearted effort to sell DEG at 7c but was a bit optimistic. Took small posi in WGP. It needs to churn a bit or have news. Having a bit of excitement with RMS looking like somethings up, but I will curb my enthusiasm until I see it happen. As mentioned b4 I have realised I am a bit stuck in the past and so have made effort to get a new hit list of bouncers and traders on my books. Its great we have been getting some new blood on the thread to keep us on the ball. And the old stagers like Haspete, Kevi, YT, Exit serving it up as usual.

Have a great weekend all. Thanks to everyone who contributes here.

LUNCHTIME REPORT
    Courtesy of CommSec

Local stocks are enjoying solid gains in early trade on the back of a positive lead from overseas markets. European share markets rallied on news Ireland would work with the European Union and International Monetary Fund to support its banking sector, while US markets were also boosted by strong economic data.

Mining stocks are enjoying the best gains in response to firmer metals trade. Shares in BHP Billiton (BHP) have added 0.8pct in early trade to $44.17 while Rio Tinto (RIO) is up 1.4pct to $85.57.

Financial stocks are mixed with the ANZ (ANZ) the best out of the big four, firmer by 0.6pct to $22.71.

Telstra (TLS) has today held its Annual General Meeting, telling shareholders it remains committed to paying out a 28c dividend this financial year. TLS also reiterated its FY guidance despite predicting a fall in profits for the 1H. TLS shares are up 3.1pct to $2.64 in early trade.

AWB Limited (AWB) will be delisted from the ASX this afternoon in response to its takeover from Agrium. AWB shares are down 0.6pct to $1.495.

MAP Group (MAP) has risen 2.3pct to $3.08 after reporting a rise in traffic at its airports throughout October.

The Australian dollar is worth US98.97c, 0.6169 and 72.54c.

Juliette Saly
    CommSec Market Analyst

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.