daytrades oct 6 afternoon

1. 14,596 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 6
    Thanks Tweets. Half-time round-up:

Regional markets chased Wall Street higher this morning as global risk appetite cranked up.

At lunchtime the ASX 200 was ahead 71 points or 1.55% at 4678, with all sectors in positive territory. The strongest gains came in resource sectors after last night's strength in commodity prices - gold shares up 3.1%, metals & mining +2.7% and materials +2.6%.

"You've got some really strong sentiment that came through global equities," IG Markets institutional dealer Chris Weston told Fairfax. "It was just a big rally in risk last night. The reflation trade that came through and weakened the US dollar and boosted commodities has really helped our materials sector."

Asian markets followed Wall Street's strong overnight lead. Japan's Nikkei advanced 1.25% and Hong Kong's Hang Seng was up 1.62%. Shanghai remained closed for a public holiday. Dow futures were recently at +18.

Crude oil futures eased 3 cents this morning to $82.66 a barrel. The spot gold price was $1.20 stronger at $1,341.50 an ounce. The Aussie dollar was buying 97.05 U.S. cents.

Been a morning of massive under-achievement by this trader. If it ran, I wasn't on it. This wasn't a day for caution but anything I wanted opened above my safety margin. Hmm... back to the drawing board. Just one trade completed - a paltry part-fill in OEX.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.