Good Morning Traders, Firstly, please note that tomorrow I have...

1. 25,108 Posts.
    Good Morning Traders,

2. Firstly, please note that tomorrow I have an early morning appointment so I won't be able to open the 'Morning thread' ... so if Endless, exit, pj, or even highlandlad could open up for me tomorrow morning I would really appreciate it. TIA guys!

DOW Snapshot from previous trading session

"Stocks rallied Wednesday as investors bet that the Federal Reserve is moving toward a more accommodative policy. The advance began after blue chips JPMorgan Chase and Intel reported quarterly earnings that beat Wall Street estimates. But traders said the rally was driven by speculation the Fed will announce plans next month to resume large-scale purchases of Treasurys, a strategy called quantitative easing.

"Earnings so far have been strong, and that's definitely a positive," said Abigail Doolittle, a portfolio manager at Johnson Illington Advisors. "But everything is taking a backseat to this incredible focus on QE2," she added, using Wall Street shorthand for the Fed policy.
    Minutes from the Fed's September policy meeting showed Tuesday that the central bank is willing to make good on its pledge to support the economy if conditions continue to deteriorate. Investors took that as a sign the Fed will announce plans to buy more Treasurys at its next policy meeting in November." [Source:cnnmoney.com]

The DJIA Index finished the trading session Up 75.68; and
    The SPI Futures are currently: Up 30 pts atm.

Of note in the US this evening:

3. International Trade [Market moving indicator]

4. Producer Price Index [Market moving indicator]

5. Jobless Claims [Merits extra attention]

6. Trade Balance [Merits extra attention]

7. EIA Natural Gas Report [Merits extra attention]

8. EIA Petroleum Status Report [Merits extra attention]

...AND...

Of note in Australia today:

9. Consumer Inflation Expectation (Oct)
    [The Consumer Inflation Expectation released by the Melbourne Institute presents the consumer expectations of future inflation during the next 12 months. The higher expectations, the stronger the effect they will have on a probability of a rate hike by the RBA. Therefore, a high reading should be taken as positive, or bullish, for the AUD, while a low expectations are seen as negative or bearish.]

Gold is currently trading Up $1.50 & is sitting at US$1,373.40/oz atm [Source: Kitco]
    Oil is currently trading Up $0.31 & is sitting at US$83.32/oz atm [Source: Bloomberg]
    The Dollar: The AUD/US is currently trading @ 0.9913 cents [Source: Forex. Live]

Have a great day trading today all.

Cheers, Tweets

Please click here to go to the 'Pre-Market thread'
  10. This thread is closed.

You may not reply to this discussion at this time.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.