daytrades september 07 morning ..., page-91

1. cha
    5,816 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 652
    nice article on property values in oz. commercial market to double.

which REITS are best for this? IIF CER CNP VPG HFA MGR THG all down this year and today again but started on rare earths with ARU at 40c and these REITS will turn up. best REITS? worth working out. I like the OZ ones. europe and US still risky?

"Despite a rise in rates, Dr Gelber says the pick of investments will be in the commercial property market.

"I've never seen a lower risk, higher prospective return, in the commercial property market, ever," he said.

http://www.theaustralian.com.au/business/news/interest-rates-set-to-increase-in-season-of-rises/story-e6frg90f-1225915225405

Interest rates set to increase in 'season of rises'
    From: AAP September 07, 2010 11:34AM Increase Text Size Decrease Text Size Print Email Share Add to Digg Add to del.icio.us Add to Facebook Add to Kwoff Add to Myspace Add to Newsvine What are these? INTEREST rates are set to rise and commercial property values will skyrocket, a leading economist says.

BIS Shrapnel chief economist Dr Frank Gelber says future growth in Australia means interest rates will increase.

"Over the next five years we're looking at growth of around 3.5 per cent," he said in Brisbane.

"Interest rates have further to go."

It's not what the Reserve Bank does month to month, but what it does seasonally that matters, he said.

"This season is going to be a season of very strong rises in interest rates that will last a long time," he said.

Despite a rise in rates, Dr Gelber says the pick of investments will be in the commercial property market.

"I've never seen a lower risk, higher prospective return, in the commercial property market, ever," he said.

Start of sidebar. Skip to end of sidebar.
    End of sidebar. Return to start of sidebar.

"We're looking at rents and property values doubling in Sydney and Melbourne over the next five years."

Brisbane was also seeing a recovery in the property market with further rent adjustments to come, he said.
  2. This thread is closed.

You may not reply to this discussion at this time.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.