daytrades september 16 afternoon

1. 14,681 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 6
    Thanks Tweets. Half-time round-up:

Australian shares are lower for the first time this week after most regional markets ignored Wall Street's positive overnight lead.

At lunchtime the ASX 200 was down 34 points or 0.7% at 4626, led by falls in the mining sector. Consumer stocks were the only sectors to trade positive, with the largest retreats coming in metals & mining -1.2%, materials -1.2% and property trusts -1.1%.

"Weve had a pretty good run," IG Markets market analyst Cameron Peacock told Fairfax. "It seems like only weeks ago we couldn't get past the 4500 point level and now weve broken through that resistance. There's some profit-taking today, but not a massive pullback."

Japan's Nikkei was the only major Asian market to advance this morning, rising 0.3% in morning trade. Dow futures were pointing south at -26 after Shanghai slipped 1.6% and Hong Kong's Hang Seng 0.55%.

Crude oil futures eased another 17 cents this morning to $75.52 a barrel. The spot gold price was 90 cents weaker at $1,267.20 an ounce. The Aussie dollar was buying 93.67 U.S. cents.

Apologies for the thin report today, guys - feels like I'm fighting fires on all fronts. May have picked the market direction this morning, but that hasn't helped my trading, lol. Been buying large/mid caps on pullbacks that have extended deeper than I expected. Jagged a profit from ETH but underwater on JHX, SGM and RHC. Blighters are turning slower than the QE2.
  2. This thread is closed.

You may not reply to this discussion at this time.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.