daytrades september 17 afternoon

1. 14,681 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 6
    Thanks Tweets. Half-time round-up:

The Australian share market recouped around half of yesterday's losses as regional markets edged higher this morning.

At lunchtime the ASX 200 was ahead 18 points or 0.4% at 4624, led by gains in gold +1.6%, I.T. +1.5% and energy +1.1%. The only sectors to trade lower were traditional defensives, including health, utilities and consumer stocks.

Asian markets were mixed in early trade but mostly higher as the morning wore on. Japan's Nikkei was up 0.75% and Hong Kong's Hang Seng up 0.28% but Shanghai was 0.26% lower. Dow futures were recently at +26.

Crude oil futures rallied 15 cents this morning to $74.65 a barrel. The spot gold price was 20 cents stronger at $1,275.50 an ounce. The Aussie dollar was buying 93.97 U.S. cents.

A slow morning here. Not as slow as Young Trader's, I imagine - go hard bunndies - but relaxing after a hectic week. Took profits on the last of my JHX from yesterday - turned into a pretty profitable trade despite yesterday's fingernail chewing. Also nibbled at MTE on pullback this morning.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.