daytrades september 21 morning ...

1. 25,108 Posts.
    Good morning Traders (thanks Highlandlad),

2. Firstly (Highlandlad/Endless/Exit/pj et al) please note - I won't be able to open the 'Morning threads' for the rest of this week as I have early morning appointments ... however I may be able to do Friday (just not sure yet) - so, can any one of you guys please open the 'Morning thread' in my absence for these few days please??? TIA guys!

DOW Snapshot from previous trading session

"A U.S. stock rally continued to pick up speed through Monday afternoon, with all three major indexes closing at four-month highs after a key group of economists called an official end to the recession. "The S&P has tried to sit above the 1,130 level in June, August and last week but failed, so the fact that it has broken up above that point and is staying there is considered a positive sign for the bulls and forcing traders to come back in," said Donald Selkin, chief market strategist at National Securities.

Trading has been choppy on Wall Street recently as investors look for solid signs pointing to a sustained recovery.

Buying picked up steam Monday after the National Bureau of Economic Research, the independent body of economists in charge of dating when recessions begin and end, announced that the 18-month Great Recession officially ended in June 2009. "I think it was known that the recession ended then, but maybe the official announcement gives people some needed assurance," said Selkin.

Meanwhile, investors also took in a housing report showing homebuilder confidence is stuck at an 18-month low." [Source: cnnmoney.com]

The DJIA Index finished the trading session Up 145.77 pts; and
    The SPI Futures are currently: Up 42 pts atm.

Of Note in the US this evening:

3. Housing Starts [Market moving indicator]

4. Fed Interest Rate Decision (FOMC Meeting Announcement) [Market moving indicator]

5. Building Permits (MoM) (Aug) [Moderate volatility expected]

6. ABC/Washington Post Consumer Confidence (Sep 19) [Moderate volatility expected]

... AND ...

Of note in Australia today:

7. RBA Meeting's Minutes
    [The minutes of the Reserve Bank of Australia meetings are published two weeks after the interest rate decision. The minutes give a full account of the policy discussion, including differences of view. They also record the votes of the individual members of the Committee. Generally speaking, if the RBA is hawkish about the inflationary outlook for the economy, then the markets see a higher possibility of a rate increase, and that is positive for the AUD.]

Gold is currently trading Up $0.70 & is sitting at US$1,279.20/oz atm (Live) [goldprice.org];
    Oil is currently trading Down $0.60 & is at $74.26/barrel [Bloomberg]; and
    The Dollar: The AUD/USD is currently trading @ 0.9462 cents [Forex. Live]

Have a great day trading today all!

Cheers, Tweets (:

Please click here to go to the 'Pre-Market thread'
  8. This thread is closed.

You may not reply to this discussion at this time.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.