DayTrading After-Market Lounge 11th May, page-32

1. 2,392 Posts.
    Hi @stevier95
    Just posted above and saw your post.
    A share trader with a sense of morality ... is that an oxymoron?
    Here's my take on this: the share market is a bear pit where the only concern is making money. No-one would enter the market, whether they are a retail punter like us, an institution, market maker, broker, business management etc without the same goal. This is capitalism in it's purest form.
    We have all read/heard the stories of how people have been duped/lied to/mislead by management. The exact same behaviour even happens on stock market threads. Buyer beware.
    I must say that I haven't thought much about the people who bought shares from me at what turned out to be the high price - maybe I'm a bastard? Although, I do feel the pain when people get manipulated - companies like DSH - where the clever operators screwed the punters.
    My reaction is different now at age 59 than it would have been at age 29 - I have more empathy. But, I don't lose sleep worrying about the person who bought my stock at the high - kinda interesting that.
    Perhaps it's because I consider it a reasonably fair contest between fellow punters who are both taking a chance. When it's a large company, with all their resources, and they mislead the punters, then my sense of social justice starts to awaken - that's usually when I start saying rude things to the television/radio/newspaper.
    Nice question you posed.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.