Interesting little bit of argy-bargy between some of the...

1. 2,392 Posts.
    Interesting little bit of argy-bargy between some of the respected posters on the STT now, discussing prospects of SRT.
    They are looking at FA and making the argument that SRT is a good/bad prospect now that there is an updated prospectus.
    Is $600K+ p.a. revenue good/bad for a company which has existed by word-of-mouth?

It's interesting for me since once upon a time I owned a retail store in Sydney (1991-2006). My best annual revenue was slightly over $1 million. This was in a tiny store of 32 square metres in the Queen Victoria Building.
    So, I could say that my revenue was 50% greater than Intigers, and that was in 1997. Maybe I should have rounded up some smart money people and floated the business?

The point I like in the argy-bargy on the STT is that revenue is not the main catalyst for the share price. Not for a new listing. It's all to do with the "potential", in other words, wishful thinking. Since the time frame is ST and not MT/LT, it's about either buying in early before the news, or using TA to ride the share price spikes. Most of these penny-dreadfuls will fail in time, despite what the "true believers" think, so get in during the honeymoon period and get out before the reality bites.

Personally, despite so many people on HC seeming to love the SRT story, I'm not touching it. Not sure exactly why. I got burned once, but that shouldn't effect my future decisions. Perhaps the overwhelming ramped-up spruiking, especially towards the end of last year, has brought out the contrarian in me

Good luck to all punters.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.