DayTrading After-Market Lounge 6th-8th May, page-66

1. 32,602 Posts.
    OK. Good points.
    The reason I have high success rate is cos I have learnt what trades work. They are not there every minute of the day. Sometimes I am nearly dying of boredom and wander off and miss trades. Also, if I suddenly decide to go for broke on a trade then the added pressure etc I will prob screw up and lose confidence and take 6 months to get back on track. So there is a finite limit as to what works at the moment. But, working from home and not too stressed I do OK.

I have to say tho. The NOR trade on Friday was a close to perfect as you can get. 3c - 3.2c to 3.6c - 3.8c. I shouda had a lot more on it, but being Friday etc I was mentally winding down etc. I am not a natural full on gambler. I know guys who trade and bet in millions. Somehow I have been a gambler all my life and have done well. But I have seen the real deal and I'm not made like that. I'm more your artistic gambler.

Btw. The guys I know would never be posting on HC. They think we are all turkeys ripe for plucking.

Also, I have only been a proper day trader for say 5 years. To some extent I have only just learnt the ropes and consider myself competent only in the last few years. I have stuffed up a few times and blown capital. We are in a different market to ten years ago. As Wazza said. You couldn't have traded back in the day. I have paid up to $120 per trade to Mac bank when it was all thru brokers. No prices, no charts etc.

But I am financially OK. I have not had a pay cheque for 40 years and only a few ever. And I do like to goof off and travel etc. I am not a hard nosed money professional.

As for being a mentor? Well I'm not a very technical trader other than simple charts. For me it is more of a understanding the market type thing. I actually had a mate with me on Friday who is very interested in markets etc. I said, "have a look at this (NOR) showed him the chart etc. This will go to 4c I said". He did not follow at all.

(Btw, I did post this on DT thread Friday too)

Anyway. A couple of other people who were interested I have shown the basics and then they start to tell me why it won't work. Then they ask if they can see the SP of Westpac shares etc. They just don't get it.

I doubt if I would be a good teacher.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.