DayTrading After-Market Lounge 9th June, page-14

1. 6,340 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 250
    For DT pre-open, if I see market sensitive news I look at:

Chart history - does this stock rise one day on news then plummet the next (LCT perfect example)

Does the company have cash? Quickly glance over their last quarterly - How much did it spend last QTR, how much is
    remaining? Should we expect a news pump followed by CR? (My first ever lesson on this was MXR @ 0.006)

Do the grades look good? Is it just rock chip samples? How deep is the drill? How wide? How many drills? What grade are the results? -- If you don't know, research to get an understanding of what looks good for your mineral of choice (Zinc, Gold, Lithium etc.)

How many Shares does the company have? - If it's got >1 billion, I personally stay away.

What is the market cap? - My mistake was looking at NTM and going "Yeah these results are okay" but I didn't look at the MC of the company. $2M MC with those results, if I actually checked this I would have 3 bagged. Lesson learned.

Market Depth? No set rule here, but I've pulled out at the last minute in Pre-Open when the market depth just didn't look right.
    Rather not make money than lose it. Having said that, I keep my eyes peeled on stocks that have huge attention and make sure I get in on that open and ride the wave. Nothing worse than missing open just to miss out on 4 pips, buy in, have it rise 2 more pips then have it pummet 8+ pips

As for price per share... You can have a $20M MC company with 250M shares @ 8c per share, or a $20M MC company with 1.5bn shares @1.3c per share.
    It's not all about the share price. But to answer your question in simple terms; yes. Low share price and low MC companies is where I make my money.
    Last edited by demoniaco: 09/06/16

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.