Daytrading April 12th pre-market

1. 13,592 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 462
    Good morning Ladies and Gentleman,

I'm filling in for Jim who's not well, I pray his recovery is faster then my typing.

Overnight the Dow see-sawed across a range of 176 points before finishing close to its lows
    as investors looked towards the start of earnings season. Oil moved further into the 'roaring fourties'
    with an advance of 89 cents for June settlement Brent for a finish of $42.83. The Saudis are still sticking
    their bottom lip out on this one and saying they'll only join in if everyone else does whereas Kuwait gets
    an extra star on its forehead for saying a deal can be done without Iran's involvement. If Iran is not a bit careful
    here it just might not get invited to the next party.
    Iron ore had a nice jump overnight of $2.60 to finish at $55.90. Further out most forecasters are still calling
    it down into the fourties for the foreseeable future (and some sad sacks even into the thirties). Meanwhile hopefully
    the people of the Pilbara are making hay while the sun shines a little here.
    Gold, and this should see Jim do a Lazarus, up $14.90 to $1257.40 and silver also having a crack with a 3.43%
    rise, up 53 cents to 15.91. HiHo Silver indeed.
    It seems the market now wants it all ways. Oil up while the Dow goes down, Gold and Silver making advances
    while the base metals were all on a strange bent lower, still they were doing nothing more then flirting with yesterdays closes. None of them made a genuine move.
    Yesterday saw some genuine volatility in a few of the Lithium darlings. Given time to market for some of them
    to get into production, valuations look fullish but this looks to be a genuine step change in the way we are to live - so winners/ losers thingo I guess. Should be plenty of trades on offer.

The outlook for our market is -2.

Good luck everybody.

RockstarJones
  2. This thread is closed.

You may not reply to this discussion at this time.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.