daytrading april 17 morning, page-38

1. 14,862 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 6
    Morning Redbird and thanks for the kind words in the pre-market thread.

Re: good websites for news and analysis, you're well on the way with the sites you're using. I also recommend these:
    Bloomberg.
    Reuters.

For books, I'd recommend:
    "Trading in the zone" - Mark Douglas. (Psychology - very important imo to learn to think in probabilities)
    "Snapshot Trading" - Darryl Guppy. (Bit dated but still useful)
    "The Master Swing Trader" - Alan Farley. (A big, messy book brimming with ideas. Brilliant in parts but could have used a strong editor. Not for beginners.)
    "The Secret of Candlestick Charting" - Louise Bedford. (Not the deepest guide to candlesticks but a very accessible introduction.)
    "Two Centuries of Panic" - Trevor Sykes. (The subtitle says it all: "A history of corporate collapses in Australia". A sobering reminder that nothing changes, the stock market is infested with sharks and protecting your capital is your first priority.)

That said, books and websites are important but there's no substitute for personal experience. My biggest losses came from staying in trades because I was blindly following something I'd read. Keep an open mind and let the price action be the final arbiter.

All the best with your trading.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.