Think about it this way - If you own a big chunk of shares, say...

1. 2,796 Posts.
    Think about it this way - If you own a big chunk of shares, say $500,000, you want to maximize profit, i.e. you're not going to dump the lot all at once. This is because it will decimate the share price and you'll end up getting a lot less for them than if you slowly offload.

This is especially true them during a time like now where there is huge demand for a stock - you could keep reloading the sell cue at the days high and churn through all your stock as buying is relentless. In comparison, dumping millions of shares in one hit and getting your fill at 0.011, 0.010, 0.009 etc like what happened today makes no sense if you're trying to maximize your profit.

It does make a lot of sense if you want to keep a lid on the share price, which people might, for various reasons.

I could be completely wrong and might just be some "unsophisticated" investor offloading on mass, but the price action seemed that way to me today and the thing still managed to finish on it's high. Tomorrow will be interesting considering most will have got their SPP shares and will be well in profit.
    Last edited by Toxxxic: 20/04/15

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.