daytrading aug 23 pre-market, page-11

1. 5,523 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 31
    Thanks and TU to you HLL

MemeFxs Day Trading Diary - Accomplishments and the Future Perfect

Accomplishments - in DT terms I'm finally making a wage on DT on the large and mid caps. An opening gambit and trading the report season all going well.

Room for improvement - having some discipline issues - I'll sometimes take a trade "on instinct", sometimes it'll work, and sometimes it won't, in either case, I'm not able to generalise and leverage the experience. This is ill discipline which never occurred with my EOD trading. Wonder why?

Also need to normalise the position sizing for both the opening gambit trades, and the reporting stocks trades. Not too much of an issue I hope.

Future Perfect - need to get involved in some of the spike like moves in the smaller caps. Good money to be made, but I have to keep in mind the stdev of the returns. Also a bit odd insofar as I look at the liquidty and expect a minimum trade of $10k. Near as I can figure a lot of the DTs that the bloggers crow about are a bit less than that, but still profitable. The size of the bloggers losses are all a matter of conjecture!

DT Goals

Continue with the Opening Gambits - normalise the trade size.
    Continue with the Reporting stocks - normalise the trade size.
    Develop a strategy for the small caps and accept the concept of a smaller trade size

Gluck all

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.