daytrading august 21 afternoon

1. 14,610 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 6
    Thanks Endless. Also bm100 for the kind words this morning.

Half-time round-up:

The share market is on track for its first rise in a week despite being hamstrung by gloomy US futures, a fifth day of falls in Asia and a profit miss from BHP.

At lunchtime the ASX 200 was 15 points or 0.3% ahead at 5094 as falls in resource stocks, telecoms and health were offset by gains across the rest of the market. The metals % mining sector was the biggest drag, falling 1.2% after BHP last night reported a fall in full-year profits that was larger than the market expected.

Gold was the best of the sectors, rising 3.2%. Other notable gains included industrials +1%, financials +0.9% and the Small Ordinaries +0.6%.

The MSCI Asia Pacific Index this morning fell 0.4% to its lowest level since early July as the Shanghai composite dropped 0.5%, Hong Kong's Hang Seng 1.44% and Japan's Nikkei 0.79%. Dow futures were down 18 points or more than 0.1%.

Spot gold firmed $1.50 to US$1,372.50 an ounce. The dollar was buying 90.31 US cents.

Good to see the bull is still loose in the spec paddock despite yesterday's F(i)AS-co. I had MNC firmly in my sights this morning and managed to miss it twice at 6.3 through waiting for the gap to fill a pip lower. Sometimes you can be too damn literal about these things. Had more success with the pullback in SSN. Waiting for recoveries in CFE and TIS. Just added BRU.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.