daytrading dec 11 pre-market, page-2

1. 8,604 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 424
    Ok,time for a speech again.......(or a rant)

No doubt about it,Hotcopper's daytrading thread is certainly a mixed up collection of wisdom,nonsense and sometimes factual good information.Most of the time I let nonsense pass,as folk come on here,informed or un-informed and make all kinds of remarks.That's the way it is.

But on yesterday's thread,one remark was made that I can't let pass.

For many years I have been following the progress of a very dedicated and honest junior explorer.In fact here is an excerpt from another poster about this company,in which I agree....." He has done the same thing for 25 years. Honestly going about the business of grass roots exploration and announcing the results as they are with far more geological context than you will ever get from 95% of junior companies........ Far more geological context than you will ever understand.....And that's the problem"

It comes as no surprise that some of the poster's on this companies thread have some understanding of geology and, I gather, some shareholders have an understanding of it as well, and as such they have requested that the company keep them informed with as much detail as possible.To the companies great credit,it does keep the market highly informed with a great deal of detail,along with, timely presentations and news releases.

So,when some folk come on here and say.......Quote " Lots of spec and talking up the science from the coy. Had a few of these gossan deals in the past have gone on a bit too long.",.......I feel as I need to come on and make a stand.The poster in this case simply knows little of the company and such a post highlights that.I have not named the poster as it is not my want to be critical of them,but merely the lack of understanding that passes for comment on these threads.I sure the poster means well,it is the opinion presented that is in question,and sometimes,just sometimes we need to take a stand.

Here is another quote that I find interesting,again from another poster.....

" What irks people who work in grassroots exploration is how little the wider investment community know about it. 95% of junior companies drill the crap out of a known prospect which was a dog last boom, the boom before that and (wait for it) the boom before that. Nothing changes except the mugs left holding the baby when the merry go round stops. "Informed investors" like this kind of "exploration" because they understand it. Nice sounding drill intersections are guaranteed to flow, never mind if there is not a snowflake's chance that the dog in question will ever get mined."

Anyway,hope I have made my point,a little on the rambling side as I don't quite have the journalistic,wordsmith skills as our HLL,but nonetheless, I hope you are all a little more informed by reading it.

By the way,still watching MNE

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.