Given how often people seem to act negatively toward day traders...

1. 486 Posts.
    Given how often people seem to act negatively toward day traders coming in to post on their favourite stocks, I wish to say the opposite, and express the respect I have for the amount of skill and effort it requires to be a daytrader.

I unfortunately lack the time, TA skills, and impulse control to pursue daytrading to any realistic degree, but from my limited investigations into daytrading I have certainly noticed that it can be a profitable endeavour.

I'm a medical researcher, so my trading practices tend to follow a pattern somewhat similar to my scientific endeavours - "consume and interpret all the available data and try to predict future outcomes". As such, I'm much more of a long term prospective trader. My entering for a short trade in HNR today is partly due to my spotting the KDR action yesterday (I had a look at KDRO at 0.145 and was tempted but didn't bite, coming back in the evening to see the peak price of 0.385 - D'oh!).

Either way, in my opinion it doesn't matter if you invest in bluechip, prospective stocks, short term / day trades, commodities or CFD's - if you make a profit, you have my respect. Keep it up!

Best of luck to you all.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.