Hi nihilism, just on postings.....Personally I have no problem...

1. 1,457 Posts.
    Hi nihilism, just on postings.....Personally I have no problem with what people are posting - doesn't bother me as I do my own trades & I have no opinion on posting styles either.....

But I do feel that you need to be a touch careful what you post.... You never know who watching/tracking you.... Last thing you want to do is get media publicity for a post deemed as a 'ramp'....Will ASIC take note? Who knows.... You're on your own if they do..... You can also be guaranteed that ASIC do receive complaints about posters on forums...

Also as with forums & social media in general people seem to be posting anything they like without even thinking about cause and effect...

Often you see someone so called 'ramping' and immediately dummy bids are straight away placed in the bids... Everything leaves are trace.... Buys, posts, fake bids, sells, emails between other trading buddies in on it.....

Just as a hypothetical - it just takes a friend/relative of say someone high up in ASIC lose a deal of money by buying after reading a 'ramp' (sure I agree, it's their fault).... But suddenly there's a unit investigating the poster unknown to the poster.... It may be a small chance but it's still possible....

Just think it pays to be careful what you are posting and doing.... Even make a small investment in legal advice....

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.