DCN 0.00% 28.5¢ dacian gold limited

DCN and Under ground mining

1. 11,715 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 6158
    This is not going to be an overly long post, I just stumbled onto what I found to be interesting idea's on how DCN could potentially rethink its U/G resources (of which there is a hell of a lot!).

The AGM preso from last year stated the following:

https://hotcopper.com.au/data/attachments/2238/2238994-23e083d64bcc5d616d4e52c4fdbf7686.jpg

60% over the LOM! That was 8 years..... Whilst I know that there are clearly issues with grade reconciling, I simply cannot understand why DCN cannot continue to mine U/G, when the POG is 25% higher (than Nov last year).

All this capex is sunk.... the company has basically been born again, with a new board, new life of mine plan (albeit... a very short one, because all U/G resources have been discounted to zero).
    https://hotcopper.com.au/data/attachments/2238/2238999-0ff3844f0e1c5709d28fbc42dfefc221.jpg

As of Nov 2019, Westralia, contained M&I of 1m ounces.

Perhaps DCN should look abroad to how best to mine what should be a 10 year plus mine life, from their U/G resources.

I am no mining engineer, but I have noted that some posters on HC (who I believe have experience/worked in the mining sector), have lauded the lack of technological enhancements that other mining operations around the world are utilizing. Even simple investments, like solar farms (something that RSG has done in West Africa). Or perhaps Phakisa mine in South Africa, with its semi-autonomous U/G rail system.

Rail-Veyor solution
    Solar hybrid - RSG West Africa
    (Just to be clear, there are likely other solutions out there, this one just seems particularly capex light and quick to integrate into an optation.

Of course, there are likely many other ways that mining companies can improve their operations, (I would be interested if others know of any proven options that DCN or other gold stocks could look at).

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add DCN (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.