XJO 0.88% 7,959.3 s&p/asx 200

de ja vu, page-147

1. 17,444 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 57
    Time is coming where I have to put my money where my mouth is.

I liquidated all my equity funds, on the day of the July high last year with the intention of reinvesting this March. Felt pretty smug getting the exact day.

Sadly when the July highs were exceeded I had to cover myself and put a portion back in and have been kicking myself ever since.

I had a chance to reexit with certain criteria at a small loss, but was distracted with family and visitors at the time, so no more visitors, lol. Really I can only blame myself.

So March is here and time to reinvest, just need the right triggers.

Moral of the story is you can do better than being always invested. Second moral is we all make mistakes, or at least I do.

People like Jaolsa make me sick. She switched her super to cash about the same time and wasn't sucked back in. Smarty pants.

Yes, I know about shorting and do and have with futures but with my fund investments I treat on a more conservative basis where only major corrections are treated as a time to go to interest bearing investment.

People like Hedgie will probably say, "why have money in funds"?

At his age I wouldn't either but when you are young you can afford to have it all leveraged and lose it all and start again. So many of the legends did exactly that.

For me, security becomes more important, knowing I don't have many more chances to lose it all and start again.

I guess its different tactics for different ages circunstances and to your strengths.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add XJO (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.