VTI 0.00% 12.5¢ visioneering technologies inc.

re: deal announced diamond dog diamond dog i can only agree with...

1. 3,176 Posts.
    re: deal announced diamond dog diamond dog i can only agree with your thoughts .that there is far more to come.
    this is usepa endorsed and you cant get better than that , pensylvania where i-99 is located is very pro active re envronment . the governor of penstate has just got his environmental greener11 bill passed , giving them $1.2 bill u.s to play with . add to that this post and newpaper article from the uk and you will see why i am very excited with this very large trial at i-99 .

bros1 - 1 Jun'05 - 21:31 - 1082 of 1083

VTI can treat water in no time

McGinty: Acid mine drainage can be turned into asset
    By JIM DINO
    The Standard-SpeakerUSA - HARRISBURG - Acid mine drainage is usually viewed as a liability, but the water that flows through old mines can be turned into an asset, Pennsylvania's environmental secretary says.The polluted water that drains mines can be cleaned up and some industries would be willing to clean it up themselves if they are allowed to use it, according to Kathleen McGinty of the Department of Environmental Protection.

McGinty told a contingent of the Greater Hazleton Chamber of Commerce earlier this month that many industries are looking for water sources for their respective processes.

"Acid mine drainage is a problem that can also be an asset," McGinty said. "I can tell you, there are a lot of businesses in the southwestern U.S. that can't get a water allocation permit.

"These people are coming back and looking at the Northeastern states and to the acid mines. Businesses are being attracted to the abandoned mine sites because there is a water source available to them."

In the case of atomic power plants - which also need water - acid mine drainage being available is like a drink of water to someone who has been in the desert.

"At the Limerick power plant near Philadelphia, treating mine water and using it in the plant is a vastly cheaper answer for their cooling needs," McGinty said.

Once the water is treated, it is cleaner to release back into the environment, McGinty said.

"It won't become acidic," she said. "It won't kill streams and rivers. Water is a precious resource for cogeneration plants, too."

So, DEP is trying to get the word out that there is water - albeit polluted - available in Pennsylvania.

"We have an RFP (Request For Proposals) out for a project for the beneficial use of abandoned mine polluted water as a competitive asset," she said.

regards gaga

newbies do your own research

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add VTI (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
12.5¢
Change
0.000(0.00%)
Mkt cap ! $6.879M
Open High Low Value Volume
0.0¢ 0.0¢ 0.0¢ $0 0

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
1 12500 12.0¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
14.0¢ 9939 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.12pm 06/08/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
VTI (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.