UNS 0.00% 0.5¢ unilife corporation

Great recap Writer... and yet, if you read many of the posts you...

1. 277 Posts.
    Great recap Writer... and yet, if you read many of the posts you might be lead to believe that today is a "black day" for Unilife??? Some call for Alan's head, suggesting he's clearly not qualified to guide the ship. Others suggest that we've been here before but have squandered past opportunities. Some characterize today's news in the bleakest of terms, suggesting that the Amgen deal is little more than a temporary"lifeline" Still others state that we negotiated from a position of weakness; on our knees so to speak and had little chocie but to accept terms of surrender.

Knowing full well that what I'm about to say may be scoffed at or ridiculed, let me just take a moment to say Congratulations Alan and Team! Though you have, no doubt, faced many obstacles, set-backs and frustrations... today you delivered! As for negotiating from a position of weakness, well, I suppose it depends on how you look at it, i.e. glass half full vs. half empty. Personally, from my viewpoint, I would hardly characterize cutting a deal with one of the world's largest pharmas and receiving $90 million in the process as weakness. If so, we could use many more "weak" deals.

Maybe Alan will stay, or maybe he'll go. I'm certainly not smart enough or sufficiently informed to speak in absolutes. I believe Alan will do what he feels in the best interest of the company.

There's value in looking back, as it can serve as a predictor of the future. There's also a risk! Companies change course, people learn from mistakes and more clearly see what works and what doesn't. Circumstances evolve. For better or worse, Alan got us here and, well, I think that's something.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add UNS (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.