Try searching D4F (not deal for free) as this is what one thread...

1. 11,223 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 1
    Try searching D4F (not deal for free) as this is what one thread was under.

As for their changes my intial response was very negative but having now read the details of the changes fully they do appear to be trying to improve what they provide and not just charging more for the same.

The charging of a commission could very well be justified as nothing of quality is free (though there are some who think it should be) but I think what is upsetting their clients is the number of changes that have been made as much as the changes themselves.

The commission they will be charging will be cheaper than IG markets but IG markets allow you to trade the ASX 200 long or short and the next 100 stocks long only.

I also beleive that the changes D4f have made were planned all along. Common sense would tell you that it would be near impossible for them to make money offering no commission trades on the ASX200 with 5% margin. This though would have and appears to have attracted a very large number of traders to their system and given them a very large client base. No doubt as they change their terms to more realistic ones where it would be possible for them to make money a lot of clients will leave but they would be hoping that at the end of the day they will be left with more clients than they would have had if they had started with a system similar to what they will be offering now and just advertising.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.