QHL 5.15% 25.5¢ quickstep holdings limited

I have been in this one from the start. Having received a modest...

1. 824 Posts.
    I have been in this one from the start. Having received a modest allocation in the IPO, I have steadily increased the holding - initially at cheap prices due to the lacklustre listing and more recently whenever the price falls. I have sold about 10% of the holding in recent times to take a little risk of the table (remember "pigs get slaughtered!!"). But I still hold a significant amount at a significant gain.

For my money the important thing to note about the Eurocopter agreement is that Eurocopter is a significant producer not only of helicopters but of aircraft components including many used in Airbus aircraft. It is also worth noting that Eurocopter appear to have been all over the Quickstep process - they had a researcher on secondment to QHL for a period and they were on the list of speakers at a seminar on the process at a recent event in Uni Man.

The real positive is that the Aerospace industry is extremely competitive and with this announcement you would think that Boeing et al would looking to make sure that EADS doesnt get a jump on them. Although EADS has a lot of issues with the A380 and it is probably too late for QHL to help fix those.

The only watch out is that QHL is not the only supplier of out of autoclave solutions and other major established aircraft suppliers like GKN are also looking to supply this technology. Given this, the Eurocopter announcement is a significant achievement for QHL. Pity there are no numbers attached to it!

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add QHL (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
25.5¢
Change
0.013(5.15%)
Mkt cap ! $18.29M
Open High Low Value Volume
24.0¢ 27.5¢ 23.0¢ $136.1K 536.3K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
1 10000 25.5¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
27.0¢ 10000 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 15.58pm 12/07/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
QHL (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.