IMU 0.65% 7.7¢ imugene limited

Deals v Share Price

1. 715 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 623
    Hi Folks, can we get some discussion around deals and how they will affect our share price? Any insights from other companies that sold/licenced part of a companies IP?

If a company is bought out in its entirety, the agreed price will be distributed to its shareholder - done deal, case closed, company delisted from ASX. So what happens to IMU's share price with our 3 different platforms in regards to Licencing/Partnering v Buyout that will be done in stages over the next few years?

Hypothetical examples and pricing: 1st April 2023 HerVaxx is Sold outright for 5Billion $
    - Do we receive the 5B$ split as a Price Per Share dividend payment?
    - Can IMU decide to keep say 3B on the books for further R&D and payout 2B to the SH?
    - Will the number of shares we hold remain the same?
    - What will happen to our SP? (My guess is we get an immediate rerate higher say up to 1$ per share. But will the price now stabilise at 1$ as the base, or will there be an immediate dump? Will the momentum, news and volume push our SP higher as other investors scurry in to get a piece of the pie? Nobody wants to be left holding the bag if there is a massive dump, then again nobody will want to sell if the price soars higher soon after!)

On the other side IMU Partners with Big Pharma Licencing HerVaxx for X period of years.
    - Will there be a 'buy in' price from BP as a 1 off dividend payment to SH, then ongoing payments as royalties in future? If so will the future royalties be dividends to Share Holders or payments to IMU coffers?
    - Our SP should get an immediate rerate but will this rerate hold? (My opinion is a Licencing deal will help stabilise our Share Price for future growth, as opposed to a sale which many bring in the cowboys who want to short/dump make a quick buck)
    - If the Licencing deal is for 20years, that would mean IMU will be a listed company for the whole duration. Paul Hopper has stated he does not want to take the tech to Phase 3 (expensive and long duration) so does that mean they would more likely be aiming to sell the tech? I don't think many holders want to be holding for 10+years unless we receive nice dividend cheques along the way.

Keen to read your opinions to see whether you prefer a Buyout Sale or Partnership Licence deals.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add IMU (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
7.7¢
Change
-0.001(0.65%)
Mkt cap ! $570.9M
Open High Low Value Volume
7.7¢ 7.9¢ 7.6¢ $847.2K 10.95M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
29 1300832 7.6¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
7.7¢ 324894 13
View Market Depth
Last trade - 11.54am 07/05/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
Last
7.7¢
  Change
-0.001 ( 0.52 %)
Open High Low Volume
7.7¢ 7.9¢ 7.5¢ 5858108
Last updated 12.12pm 07/05/2024 ?
IMU (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.