AXM 0.00% 1.1¢ apex minerals nl

SILold mate said they began pumping tails into an old pit and...

1. 86 Posts.
    SIL

old mate said they began pumping tails into an old pit and wondered for a week or two where it was all going. Turned out there was heaps of old workings that connected the pit to ELN. had to pull out a drill rig and abandon the mine temporarily until the bosses figure out what to do.

Nearest example (albeit fatal and maybe not that relevant in some instances) was bronzewing where I think 3 guys died from drowning due to a slurry/paste fill wall failure. Since then the mines have been pretty touchy on water/mud/etc inrushes that can trap and kill people, hence ELN being shut for now.

old mate had no idea on when it would be re-opened.
    Geologically speaking you can come across aquifers when mining, usual way around it is to pump the water out. So my basic understanding would be to re-direct the tails to somewhere else, pump out the water fully, then re-assess for safety etc.

I've said in the past that ELN would be a winner as it was close to surface and you could truck a heap of tonnes out quick, unlike the other decline. So getting rid of a joint that you can pull a heap of tonnes out quickly must hurt.

DYOR

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add AXM (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.