KAR 0.93% $1.61 karoon energy ltd

dear black, page-24

1. 1,172 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 71
    I swore I wouldn't get sucked in ever again when it comes to the issue of manipulation/rorting, but here we go again.

Firstly, let me assure you all, I mean no malice whatsoever ... no personal attacks whatsoever... and no insult whatsoever to those who support the conspiracy theories. I promise you all I am simply stating my personal views and if my terminology should suggest that other posters are devoid of intelligence, I assure you it is not the intent of this post.

I just have a view that differs from others.

The conspiracy theorists ( Swannie, Norberto, maaaates, I still love you)seem to have vision that I dont have, namely, they seem to have the ability to see otherwise invisible name tags attached to parcels of shares sitting with evil intent, in the market depth. They also seem to have the ability to ascertain the sinister motives of owners of those parcels. They claim parcels of shares are being swung violently about in an effort to mesmerise other people wanting to buy or sell. They also seem to think that the entire market depth is comprised of people who sit steadfastly glued to the screen all day. They seem to believe that these "moves" actually dictate the share price to a degree that alters the course of the SP sufficiently enough to actually make a difference.

I would suggest the lion's share of the market depth is represented by people who place the trade.... and go off to work.... oblivious to the day's activity. Not all have trading accounts. They phone their broker.

I could go on, but you get my drift.

Let me state a few hard facts:--

Very often I am one such person who decides to buy or sell. Sometimes I dont want to declare my hand by entering the market depth.... so I just wait until the SP gets to where I want it to be and just act there and then. I dont believe I have the brilliance to sway "lesser intelligent beings".

I choose to believe that my decision to initially buy, or subsequently sell, will prove to be correct.... and if it is not correct, then that was a poor decision, by ME. I choose to believe that I can get it wrong.... all by myself.... and my decision was NOT affected by conspirators.

More often than not the size of my trades are FAR, FAR, bigger than those sitting in the top 4 or 5 levels of the market depth.... I see no reason to place them, pull them, re-enter, alter them, and so on. I simply want to trade.... one way or another.
    Other times I do just sit quietly in the market depth queue and wait. I may subsequently amend my price.... or I may withdraw altogether if the SP drifts too far away from my price. I can always come back at a more appropriate time.
    I dont believe that a decision to cancel a buy or sell order is an attempt to alter the course of the share price. It can simply mean a change of heart because the share price does not seem to be going to a point that suits the buyer/seller.

I feel we can be too clever by half when we try to read more into a market depth than what it really is.... a tool to buy or sell shares.

I am not a naive fool. I believe in excess of 45 years in the market has given me the chance to see it for what it is...... a planet for greedy little pigs to enrich themselves.... me being head honcho greedy little pig.

Now, before the inevitable tidal wave of opposition to this post, just remember what I wrote earlier.... no malice, insult or otherwise, its just my opinion.
    I respect others' opinions.... I dont have to be convinced by them.

When the Rivers of Karoon flow freely in the future, who cares anyway!!
    I'm off to an appointment now, so I wont be around for a while.

Cheers,
    Bripoz.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add KAR (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$1.61
Change
-0.015(0.93%)
Mkt cap ! $1.250B
Open High Low Value Volume
$1.66 $1.68 $1.60 $8.763M 5.380M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
11 247821 $1.60

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$1.61 68022 4
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 08/10/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
KAR (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.