BIT 3.70% 5.6¢ biotron limited

Er Lux, you have not looked very far.... you will not find how...

1. 1,747 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 401
    Er Lux, you have not looked very far.... you will not find how many HIV are cured as there is no test to see if a HIV patient has been cured. The NAT (nucleic acid test) looks for the actual virus in only blood and we have other tests for detection looking for antibodies but nothing to detect for cure other than removing ART and seeing what happens. None wants to do this since we know the removal of ART leads to ART failure/ drug resistance.

We have many drugs to suppress HIV, about 30 currently grouped into first and second line ART. Failure rates of first line ART range from about 40 to 97% depending on drug, combination or monotherapy, age, race, length of use and other cultural/social reasons. Failure rates appear to be on the increase. Even best in first line class, dolutegravir, when used as a monotherapy has a failure rate. Second line treatment failure rates are also increasing at an alarming rate. I read 10% is the new number for 2023 in a lot of third-world countries. With failure, there is reduced health and increased morbidity associated with CD4 (immune) suppression.

Failure of conventional ART is just a matter of time, IMHO. A surviving virus in a reservoir can continue to mutate until it produces something that escapes conventional ART. BIT is a new class of treatment and is a small enough molecule to reach reservoirs though we do not know if it is all. It does appear to promise an initiation of the human immune response to HIV. Feels like the holy grail to me. Pharma will indeed pay exorbitant sums for compounds with proof of concept. However, they will not offer much compensation for just a concept. It's the same as a house, a drawing of one is not as valuable as a built one which is built in the right place and at the right time. It may be sheer luck that in 17 years, big pharma has not yet come up with anything to cure or provide an immune response to HIV. And 17 years to prove Bit225 concept may actually be the reward we investors deserve. i.e there really is no better time than to provide proof of concept. Many many billions to the company that does.

Investors should note that BIT is extremely speculative and thus requires careful consideration prior to investing. Many Biotec do not succeed.. Do not invest what you cannot lose as I cannot see a future for BIT if the results are poor though management will no doubt try. The outcome of this company will be announced soon. Strap in and hold on to your shares as we ride the rollercoaster of fragmented result releases for COVID19 and HIV due anyday.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add BIT (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
5.6¢
Change
0.002(3.70%)
Mkt cap ! $50.52M
Open High Low Value Volume
5.6¢ 5.6¢ 5.2¢ $51.10K 945.5K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
1 4281 5.6¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
5.7¢ 625000 2
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 06/05/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
Last
5.6¢
  Change
0.002 ( 3.70 %)
Open High Low Volume
5.2¢ 5.6¢ 5.2¢ 183067
Last updated 15.53pm 06/05/2024 ?
BIT (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.