dear members, page-57

1. 17,248 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 416
    Madmin, just a couple of points on the Henry Ford analogy. Ford went bankrupt twice before successfully founding the Ford Motor Company. If you have had a red hot go and lost money in this market then you might consider that you are walking in the footsteps of great men like Henry Ford. The first thing you should do is to take a moment to be proud that you have had a go. I have people around me in my life who whinge and moan about the drudgery of their jobs and their daily lives yet no amount of encouragement from me can persuade them to have a go. If you have tried and failed then at least you have jumped the first hurdle and had a go. If you have tried and failed then wear it as a badge of honour.

The second point is that if you tried and have lost money then you need to sit down and assess what you have learned from the experience that can be used in the next attempt. Whilst I have not made bucket loads of money in recent times I have also avoided any loss...the reason for this is that I took my shallacking back in 2008. Money comes and goes but that experience will stay with me for life. I know that there are many old timers on HC with far far more experience than I in this regard. I have heard a few war stories about the 87 crash from these people. It pays to listen and add their wisdom to what you have experienced for yourself.

So remember, life's short. Train hard. Never never never give up.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.