CDU 0.00% 23.5¢ cudeco limited

Very interesting if indeed true…somewhat ironic a purported...

1. 2,206 Posts.
    Very interesting if indeed true…somewhat ironic a purported rumor is given airtime?

As a shareholder in CDU I firmly believe the company has every right to take legal action as they see fit. The same would occur with BHP, RIO or any other company if they believed they were being slandered or there was a deliberate agenda at play to trash their companies brand.
    The line about legal action simply being an attack on freedom of speech is way too cute. Its one thing for a tired, old bored pensioner who has probably failed miserably in life and business sitting down and simply trolling forums. Firing off absolute rubbish in their posts and tall poppy attacks via an on-line forum is one thing. Its sad to see these posters attacking a company that’s working every day to achieve success for shareholders. You can pick these poster a mile away, they stumble onto the threads with their useless diatribe and/or deliberate attacks simply aimed to stir and flame holders.
    It’s the posters with a seemingly deliberate agenda to throw as much mis-information on a daily basis that could be a target for investigation imo. Some have been doing it on a daily basis for years now, this isn’t your old age pensioner imo, but who are they?
    I believe the financial system is absolutely rotten to the core. I have no doubt brokers and funds will do absolutely everything possible to gain an edge in the market. If this includes trashing a company’s brand whilst shorting the hell out of a stock then they will do it.
    A poster with direct links to such entities and posting with the intent to make financial gains are the snakes that absolutely need to be exposed. Why would you be worried about revealing your identity if you had no links to such activity?
    The company has every right to fight with legal action if this insidious activity is occurring. They should be applauded for making a stand as ASIC has shown time and again to be impotent when retail shareholders are getting trampled in the market. It’s not just CDU its across the board and effects the smaller companies trying to get projects up and running.

The line about the forums never having any influence in the market place is always thrown up as a defense.
    Not true, take a read of this paper The impact of manipulation in internet stock message boards http://epublications.bond.edu.au/cgi/vi ... ntext=ijbf
    It even takes a large portion of its research data from HotCopper....

Bottom line you are responsible for what you post. If you believe what you write is true and accurate then you should be prepared to back it up in court and prove it so. Hiding behind some supposed cloak of anonymity and claiming to be a simple retail investor when you’re far from it and posting with an agenda is what all investors need to be protected from. Again if the rumour is true then I look forward to the snakes being exposed and dealt with through the courts.
    The sad thing is it’s the retail shareholder that’s hurt in all of this. Long term holders no longer post as if the threads are constantly swamped with agenda driven posting all aimed to drive a sp price one way. There’s much information that could be shared and that I believe is the original intention of a forum, but this simply won’t happen with agenda driven postings. The HC community and retail investors suffer as a result.

Anyway enough of possible rumors, if true let the legal process take its course if that’s indeed what does occur. If your guilty then you deserve to pay the price, simple.

I’m more interested in another day of CuDeco mining, crushing and stockpiling the Las Mineral and South Rocklands ore. Another day with the plant closer to completion. Another day closer to listing on HK. And another day closer to full production. The suspension doesn’t bother me. I know the directors will be doing their absolute best to get a deal that benefits CDU shareholders and for that they can take as many months as required.
  2. This thread is closed.

You may not reply to this discussion at this time.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add CDU (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.