Crysl, agreed.However, a few points:1) the people Tracy came up...

1. 662 Posts.
    Crysl, agreed.
    However, a few points:
    1) the people Tracy came up against in her careers weren't misogynists, they were arguably sexist. But how do we know that male presenters weren't also told to lose a few pounds when they'd porked up? After all, the camera is unforgiving to both male and female.
    2) despite meeting some sexist men she has had a successful career, she said so herself. I would argue that we all come up against idiots/bullies/tossers whatever in our lives and careers - regardless of our gender.
    3) perhaps the pendulum has swung too far the other way. I am currently working with a very incompetent woman, who is being promoted based on her gender. Is that better?

Trees made a good point about equality not equalling sum of the parts - men and women are different, but we are both human. The dialogue needs to change to one of respect for our joint abilities and our differences.
    I just get mad when I see women waving the 'victim' card when truly, for the most part (obviously there are always exceptions) I do think we have reached a good place. I jusy don't think it helps.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.