DarkcloudDebt is definitely a burden on many people in this...

1. 3,479 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 17
    Darkcloud

Debt is definitely a burden on many people in this day..

I feel for you and have certainly been in your position a number of times throughout my lifetime.

You say that you are not going to fall into that trap again but only a few posts back you say:

"I think a personal loan from 1 of the big 4 is the way to go. I can manage this and with any spare cash buy & hold a better calibre of stocks."

You need to teach yourself discipline, or forever fall into the debt trap.

With any spare cash you have, pay off the debt earlier, don't invest it into more shares. That's like re-using your credit cards after rolling them over to a new card.

Get just enough on your loan to pay off your debts, no more, no less. Do not take the offer of more money. Look at an investment loan ONLY when you can keep a check of your spending and have your debts down to a manageable level (if not paid off completely).

I also agree on the other option previously mentioned of either paying off your small credit card first and then using that money to pay off the next smallest card and so on... (or paying off the highest interest card if it is not so high as to be impossible to do so..)

Good luck. Life is too short to worry about money. Get down to it and regain you life and control...

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.