LYC 2.81% $6.23 lynas rare earths limited

imho thank you for you never ending put down of LYC which seems...

1. 972 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 130
    imho thank you for you never ending put down of LYC which seems always to be centred on debt indeed this is also the focus of a few others. and also your altruistic concern for "newcomers". My contribution for "newcomers" to Hot Copper and LYC always ask the question why the post. Some posters have multiple accounts which are used to support each other. Other posters are disgruntled ex/or employees, others have a particular beef with CEOs or boards. Others just malicious competitors. Others over enthusiastic punters talking up the company to boost the price to get out with a profit.
    More advice to the "newcomer" DEBT IS NEVER A PROBLEM the problem is being able to service that debt. ATM LYC is having problems in that area, I would suggest that (in recent history say 12 Mths) the reason for this, is the price of NdPr rather than anything LYC is doing wrong. But this is a highly speculative company if the price of RE increases then LYC is looking sweet if it stays low then you will do your dough, simple get over it and move on. Don't linger on in the forum. Where it gets complicated is that China controls the market, China is currently trying to reduce the number of state owned companies in this field to 6 and eliminate some of the illegal suppliers and smugglers.
    Lynas and Molycorp are the only non Chinese RE companies and Molycorp is mothballed filing for bankrupt protection not able to service its debt. So this company LYC has a huge Geopolitical interest. What will happen if Japan, USA get pissed off with what China is doing in the South China sea. Would USA put sanctions on China
    Nd Pr demand is increasing about 7-10% and controlled by China. not good, China could put lyc out of business overnight just by dropping the price further. They could also sell the trillions of $US they hold and really screw everybody
    but China is still investing in RE mines round the world. Go figure
    More advice to the newbie This RE industry is fascinating on so many levels and some of the posts on this site are full of new information and comments that are interesting and offer real insight, others are trite, worn and hackneyed.
    By all means buy a piece of the action, like a horse race its a lot more interesting if your on horse. BUT this is a speculative share if your young you have time to recover any losses on speckies, older investors maybe not. My personal rule is to have between 5-10% of my portfolio in carefully considered high risk, its what keeps me alive and life exciting. As for people holding or not holding buying or selling who really knows with some of the BS here believe nothing of what they say, but follow some of the interesting posters that bring something NEW to the forum always doing your own research.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add LYC (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$6.23
Change
-0.180(2.81%)
Mkt cap ! $5.823B
Open High Low Value Volume
$6.31 $6.34 $6.23 $15.33M 2.448M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
5 18426 $6.23

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$6.24 7550 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 10/07/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
LYC (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.