TRY 0.00% 3.0¢ troy resources limited

Dec QTR and 2019

1. 133 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 47

For quite a while now, many have realised the investment case lies in the exploration potential in close proximity to Karouni.  The operational update in December seems to have been swept under the carpet in that it further exacerbates the poor profitability of the current mining operation.  I'm disappointed in how this update and the capital raising took place.

Suggestions that the CR could have been avoided, or is now proven unnecessary given the POG, are misguided.  With the production guidance for the Dec QTR between 14k and 15k ounces, I am expecting a jump in AISC to between US$1000 and $1200, based on recent quarterly results.  Odds are the number will be high range rather than low.  If you are not expecting this number in the quarterly update later this month - be prepared. If we are lucky with the average rice realised (say $US1260), TRY may have made between $US1 million and $US2 million profit before debt payments.  

Sept cash and equivalents were $US10M.  A loan payment of $US3M was paid in October and then with a further US$1-2M in exploration and maybe another $1-2M to lower the trade creditors, it is no wonder TRY was struggling to pay the Dec QTR Investec loan payment.  In my view, the US$2.7M CR would have been completed in the nick of time to complete the debt payment due on the 10th of Jan.

With the Jan and Mar quarter forecasts, TRY will run a tight operational rope again, which brings us back to the exploration potential.  I can only hope that there will be enough funds left over from the CR and any SPP funds to do further exploration at Ohio Creek, start early mining and build the haul road required.  A few culverts and earthworks across the river may not be too costly, fortunately.  A further increase in POG will help, but don't count on AISC being lower than US$1200...

With all that being said, I believe the exploration potential is there and that is why I'm still holding and why I topped up at the open on the 24th of December.  I plan to buy at least some from the SPP, and I hope most long term holders will do the same.  This is of course not investment advice, but the factors above show that the company needs the cash injection and then perhaps the reward will come later this year.  

If we can clear the Investec debt in the March quarter and increase reserves by the end of FY2019 to 250-350k oz. we may be able to start seeing market cap appreciation.

Good luck to all.  There is much to weigh up and consider at the moment.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add TRY (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.