AIS 4.44% 21.5¢ aeris resources limited

Dec22 quarter predictions, page-80

1. 11,357 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 4679
    @yummy Yes well done to you for having the courage to do so, but we all didn't have the funds available to average down at the time. It was very hard to pick how low it could go and very dependent on the price of copper which could have easily continued lower if the US didn't change the definition of a recession at the time, plus some good news out of China in the past month, and inventories looking good.

I did not have the courage to purchase at the lows and chose to buy some of the big goldies like NST and EVN instead, which have worked out well for me so far. However in doing so, I now need around 90c in AIS to break even, right now I am smiling but definitely not celebrating as there is a long way to go.

The questions should be allowed by posters - why did the share price decline so much? why did management buy a copper mine at the peak prior to an inevitable market crash during covid/wars? In doing so, why didn't they at least hedge the copper price? All are very valid questions. It is not being negative, it is just holding management to account to avoid the same mistakes happening again if worsening economic conditions do occur in the future and we get the Cu price dropping again (definitely possible IMO).

Hopefully, management can get a good Cu hedge going in the next few weeks so we can rest a bit easier. Looking forward to seeing the latest quarterly too, and hopefully signs of improvements!
    Last edited by coto: 17/01/23

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add AIS (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
21.5¢
Change
-0.010(4.44%)
Mkt cap ! $208.0M
Open High Low Value Volume
22.5¢ 22.5¢ 21.5¢ $288.9K 1.318M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
13 806631 21.5¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
22.0¢ 122200 3
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 16/07/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
AIS (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.