"Self-help will need to be a fundamental element.It is proven...

1. 44,400 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 642
    "Self-help will need to be a fundamental element.It is proven that one can lead a horse to water but not make him drink.". ...... despite my constant arguing Joh, I always look to see what I can agree with, and with this is can agree.

one of the key reasons why people drink to the point of addiction is misery, depression, desperation for escape. many who admit they are addicted want to help themselves and often try to quit the grog. most cannot begin the drain gout process until they hit "rock bottom". each has their own definition of the hopelessness that comes from this place.

self-help comes after they've had some help.... a kick starter if you like, which I alluded to when I suggested some need a kick ip the butt to get them going.... after they get dry, the self responsibility needs to be nurtured as its a hard row to hoe learning where one's personal responsibility causes addiction.

the voice can advise Gov on this process far better than non-aboriginal self-righteous pollies can ever imagine.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.