SOL 0.06% $34.36 washington h soul pattinson & company limited

There is only one broker that seems to put out actual consensus...

1. 5,666 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 558
    There is only one broker that seems to put out actual consensus for SOL - That is Morgan's. In fact the numbers you quote and I found on the Commsec platform are exactly the same as those on Morgans.

Morgans has an add rating on the stock. The Price target is $29.60

In reading past Morgans notes - It appears that they are reflecting the cyclical nature of its investments in BKW and NHC as the reasons for the volatility in earnings. Really this is a hybrid LIC. It owns subsidiaries or consolidated equity accounted investments and then last year it deconsolidated NHC as it only owned 39.9%... The financial statements are a dogs breakfast with accountants creating a mess of it all.

The measure I use is Net Cash flow per share from Investments: That was 96cents last year and dividends were 72c. The dividend (base) has increased or stayed the same for at least 20 Years.

Reality is that given the size of BKW , NHC and TPG the results can be lumpy. They can sell a large investment and make a huge profit. You cannot smooth an investment company but what you can do is measure sustainability of dividends. At 75% it seems sustainable. The Milton's merger does make it a bit more confusing.

My current preferred entry to this group is BKW. although I own all - BKW NHC SOL - Not TPG

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add SOL (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$34.36
Change
-0.020(0.06%)
Mkt cap ! $12.63B
Open High Low Value Volume
$34.45 $34.55 $34.20 $10.26M 298.7K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
1 98 $34.36

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$34.42 1566 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 18/10/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
SOL (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.